An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Design & Production Manager to join Nine Lives Bazaar on a maternity leave contract.
Based out of our beautiful Kingscliff beach-side HQ, you will be working in a fun-loving team to manage the critical path of product design, development, and production ensuring technical design and QC assessment of all sampling and bulk production. Ensuring NLB standards are maintained and delivered through product quality, price architecture and manufacturing processes. You will have superior technical skills, be self-motivating and highly organised with experience managing production and design for another fashion brand.
As a Production & Design Manager (Maternity Leave Contract) your tasks will include:
- Creating and updating tech packs with fit comments from protos through to pre-production samples.
- Work with garments across multiple product areas from proto to final fit approval, ensuring the highest quality standards are followed and achieved throughout production
- Updating and maintaining tracking as per the product development progression
- Updating costing sheets and preparing for design handover meetings
- Working with the team on costings, looking at fabrications and construction methods to provide cost alternatives to the business.
- Assist in the creation of the costing docs, incl factory costs, and quantities
- Manage the fit meetings, orders and on time delivery of all pre-production samples
- Manage and approve grading for all product categories, maintaining consistent sizing & fits across seasons and suppliers
- Ensure all suppliers submit pre-measured fit samples correct to spec, inspect all samples, ensuring workmanship and measurement details have been followed
- Liaise with offshore suppliers, providing clear and concise comments
- Provide suggestions of the best method to construct or adjust garments and resolve any potential style and fit issues
- Ensure all bulk fabrics and trims are approved according to schedule and all necessary fabric tests are completed
- Manage risk by identify any potential production and quality issues and offer resolutions before proceeding to bulk production.
- Range review with team regularly to discuss fit issues that arise within a collection to improve future ranges
- Provide online measurements to the web team
- Approve care label artwork for all raw materials and styles
- Organise and liaise with external QC agencies when necessary
- Final QC approval prior to shipping
- Creation of department processes
- Managing the Design Assistant
- You will have proven experience working in a similar role ideally 5+ years experience working with an e-commerce fashion brand.
- You will have senior level working knowledge of pattern making and manufacturing.
- You will have outstanding fabric knowledge and technical understanding
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – especially Adobe Illustrator
- If you’re an all-round good time gal or guy this job is for you!
We recognise our team are a huge part of our success so we offer:
- An enticing salary package
- Flexible working hours – a healthy work-life balance is very important to us
- A culture that celebrates and appreciates hard work and successful achievements
- We love a good party and create events and teambuilding for our employees on the reg
- A beautiful beachside office where lunch breaks and swims are encouraged
- Thursday afternoon drinks on the front porch with the team
- The day off on your Birthday!
- Complimentary fruit and snacks to get you through the day
- Generous employee discounts & clothing allowances