Inside her colourful world: Luna Lindsay
When we find someone whose approach to life really is 'more is more', we know we've found a kindred spirit! Meet Luna Lindsay @luna.lindsay, colour-enthusiast, content creator and hands behind @moonwix. We're inviting you, into her wildly flamboyant and fruity humble abode, nestled in the heart of Toronto, Canada.
We're forever swooning over Luna's beautifully bold and down right soul-shining candy-hued aesthetic over on her Instagram and we couldn't wait to hear more about what makes her colourful world go around.
TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF - WHO YOU ARE, WHERE YOU’RE FROM AND WHAT SETS YOUR SOUL ON FIRE?
Hi I’m Luna, first name Luna, last name Lindsay (people normally think Lindsay is my first name haha). I’m a colourful content creator / candle maker from Canada! I grew up on the east coast of Canada, but have now lived in Toronto, O.N for about 6 years. Creating, expressing myself through fashion and my home is without a doubt what sets my soul on fire.
YOU’RE A MAXIMALIST WHEN IT COMES TO FASHION AND INTERIORS, WHERE DOES YOUR LOVE OF COLOUR AND BOLD STYLE STEM FROM?
There came a point in my twenties where I really started to fall in love with colour and finally felt comfortable enough to be able to express it. I’ve always had a love for bright colours and being bold with how I dress/within my home. I used to worry what others would think of me/standing out too much if I dressed more vibrant and more bold. I realise how when we’re kids, we dress so bright & so fun, but as we get older it’s almost as if we’re taught that dressing in neutrals and “more quiet” is what the norm is. I decided to stop caring what others think and embrace my love for pastels. It’s difficult to put into words how dressing the way I do & filling my home with an abundance of colours, patterns & disco balls makes me feel, but it’s everything to me and my being.
WE LOVE SEEING YOUR FABULOUS DECOR, WHERE ARE YOUR FAVOURITE PLACES TO SHOP FOR FUN HOMEWARES AND FURNITURE?
Ahh thank you! My home consists of pieces that were either thrifted, from a favourite curated or a bigger store front.
Here are some of my favs
YOU’RE THE FOUNDER OF MOONWIX, HOW DID YOU TAKE THE LEAP INTO THIS BUSINESS JOURNEY?
I wanted to learn how to make a shell candle for myself during the pandemic (I feel as if falling into something you love during this time is very common for many haha). I bought the mold, sat on it for 6 months then finally told myself to get it together and try something new. I made a few candles and immediately started to fall in love with it. Something that started off just for me, slowly turned into something I wanted to share with others. My home is such an important space to me, the one place I can exist and fully express myself. Being able to create something handmade for others to then be able to express themselves in their space is so special and one of the main reasons why I love Moonwix so much. I hosted my first story sale on Instagram in 2021, started doing markets a few months later and haven’t stopped since! I’m so grateful for how successful Moonwix has become in a short period of time.
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN THREE WORDS?
Must. Paint. Everything. Hahaha! OR Colour. Creative. Welcoming.
WHAT IS YOUR STAR SIGN?
Leo sun, Capricorn moon, Libra rising.
CAN YOU TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOUR DIVINE DACHSHUNDS, ELMER AND JUDY? WE ARE OBSESSED!
Oh my goodness, I can definitely tell you they are FILLED with personality. If you ever want a doggo with the most ridiculous personalities, I highly recommend a dachshund. Elmer has been with me since he was a pup and is turning 12 this year and Judy is our newest family member turning 1 in April! If star signs apply to dogs, mine are definitely theirs. Elmer is a cancer making him a very sensitive and emotional man, while Judy is the fieriest Aries i’ve ever met. Elmy is the type of guy that takes his time to open up to you and give you his love, while Judy is very loud when she first meets you then has all the love in the world to give. Elmer howls and sings to How Deep is Your Love by Calvin Harris, while Judy throws her ball at your face when she wants to play 😂. They are polar opposite in personalities and I love them so much.
WHO IS YOUR BIGGEST FASHION INSPIRATION?
I definitely can’t pick just one, there’s so many inspiring people so here are a few favs
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 STYLING TIPS?
1. When it comes to dressing colourful, if you’re just starting out it’s always great to reference the colour wheel for colour combo ideas. I absolutely adore these paired together:
(can you tell i love pink)
2. Accessories are everything and can really help make/tie an outfit together. Belts, bags, jewellery, hair clips, SHOES, it’s all about the little extra pops.
3. Don’t be afraid to stand out in a crowd. Life is too short to not wear what you want. If you look in the mirror, you love how your fit makes you feel then wear it! One of my favourite and most inspiring things is when I see someone walking down the street wearing an amazing outfit expressing their style; it brightens my day and encourages me to keep being me.
WHAT DRAWS YOU TO THE PALAZZO PANTS, AND HOW WOULD YOU STYLE THIS ICONIC NLB PIECE?
I’m a sucker for a patterned trouser and this one is so fun! I absolutely love the print of the pants and the vibrant greens carried throughout. There’s two ideas that come to mind when styling the palazzo pants;
1. I would wear either a white or purple flowy blouse, tucked into the trouser, a gold hip hugging chain belt (i own a star & moon one that would look so good), a pair of white booties & match some oversized vintage sunnies to either the pants or blouse!
2. A vintage sheer white slip dress with a little white or green bralette underneath. I’d once again use my gold chain belt to add shape to the outfit. I recently purchased the perfect slip dress to style with the pants. It has floral embroidery & lace incorporated which I think would be complementary to the pattern on the trousers. I’d pair it with either my white boots or purple mules, my metallic green crossbody bag and a pair of vintage oversized purple sunglasses.
WHAT'S NEXT FOR LUNA AND MOONWIX?
For Moonwix, I’d like to FINALLY get a website created. I keep promising my community that one will come eventually, but it can feel overwhelming at times when you’re just a one woman team. I want to be able to fully move into my new studio, get a website going, pull back on markets a little and focus on expanding my reach globally!
For myself, you’ll find me endlessly working on making my apartment the most magical place my brain can dream up. When I get to the end point (whatever that is haha), I’d like to continue working on more projects in bigger spaces. I would absolutely LOVE to collaborate with a company & design my own wallpaper line. In the meantime, follow me for lots of dopamine dressing, pastel outfits, DIYS & an endless supply of disco balls!